When you start using the Nighthawk, there are times when the app fails to detect the Nighthawk router. This problem arises due to a number of reasons such as the router being set to the AP mode. Also, it can happen if your mobile device is connected to numerous networks concurrently.
Try the following if the device is not able to detect the Nighthawk:
- Ensure that you are connected to your Nighthawk.
- The Nighthawk router shouldn’t be in AP mode, verify this by logging into your device and checking the AP Mode option under Advanced > Advanced Setup > Router/AP mode.
- If you are using a mobile device like Google Android or Apple iOS device, ensure that your LTE connection is disabled before you connect to your router’s WiFi network and start to use your Nighthawk.
In order to disable cellular/LTE connection on your iPhone, iPad you should:
- You should open Settings
- Then tap on Cellular
- Next, Toggle the Cellular Data switch to the off position.
- Then Nighthawk app should be opened and your device Nighthawk should now be detected.
In order to disable cellular/LTE connection on your android device:
- You should go to Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage
- Then tap the Mobile Data switch to turn it off.
Important Note: The Android device settings vary based on the brand of the device so please refer to the manual if you don’t know how to disable cellular data
- Lastly, open up the Nighthawk and your device router should now be detected.