The extender as a WiFi access point can be used that generates a new WiFi hotspot by using a wired Ethernet connection. In order to use the extender in access point mode:
- You should plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Then wait for the Power LED to light amber and then turn green. If in case, the Power LED fails to illuminate, press the Power On/Off button on the side of the extender.
- Then connect a computer or mobile device to the extender by making use of a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection:
- WiFi: On your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device, the WiFi connection manager should be opened and be connected to the extender network known as NETGEAR_EXT. When the WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device connects to the extender, the Client LED lights solid white.
- Ethernet: The Ethernet cable should be connected to the Ethernet port on your computer and extender. If in case you want to access an Ethernet connection, you should do this before you connect your extender to your modem router or router.
- Next, launch a web browser and visit www.mywifiext.net. When you join the network, the Client Link LED lights illuminate to indicate that the connection has been established and the NETGEAR installation assistant displays.
- Then, finally return to the NETGEAR installation assistant and follow the instructions to finish setting up your extender as an access point.
- Now you can connect a Device to the Extender Network: After the setup procedure has been completed, connect all your devices to the new extender network using Wi-Fi, wired, or WPS connection.