Sometimes, a factory reset completely deletes all the personalized settings that include your user name, password, network name (SSID), and security settings. A factory reset is essential when you can’t recover your range extender’s admin password.
In order to reset your extender using the Reset button here’s what you need to do:
- Check that the extender’s power light is illuminated
- The extender’s reset or factory reset button should be located
- Generally, the button is located on the extender’s back side, bottom or side panel.
- Then use a paper clip or something like that to press and hold the reset or factory reset button for seven seconds
- Then release the reset or factory reset button and your extender will reset
Follow these troubleshooting tips in order to reconnect your NETGEAR WiFi range extender via Ethernet:
- You should connect your range extender to the computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Then launch a web browser on your computer.
- Next, Log in to http://mywifiext.net into the web browser’s address bar.
- Now, press enter or click search.
Then you’ll see the login page on the screen.
Then the username and password should be entered that you chose during set-up.
Important Note: Always remember that the default username is admin and default password is password. Also, the username and password are case sensitive.
If you want to recover the password, click the Username & Password Help link and then setup the login credentials again.
When you start using the Nighthawk, there are times when the app fails to detect the Nighthawk router. This problem arises due to a number of reasons such as the router being set to the AP mode. Also, it can happen if your mobile device is connected to numerous networks concurrently.
Try the following if the device is not able to detect the Nighthawk:
- Ensure that you are connected to your Nighthawk.
- The Nighthawk router shouldn’t be in AP mode, verify this by logging into your device and checking the AP Mode option under Advanced > Advanced Setup > Router/AP mode.
- If you are using a mobile device like Google Android or Apple iOS device, ensure that your LTE connection is disabled before you connect to your router’s WiFi network and start to use your Nighthawk.
In order to disable cellular/LTE connection on your iPhone, iPad you should:
- You should open Settings
- Then tap on Cellular
- Next, Toggle the Cellular Data switch to the off position.
- Then Nighthawk app should be opened and your device Nighthawk should now be detected.
In order to disable cellular/LTE connection on your android device:
- You should go to Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage
- Then tap the Mobile Data switch to turn it off.
Important Note: The Android device settings vary based on the brand of the device so please refer to the manual if you don’t know how to disable cellular data
- Lastly, open up the Nighthawk and your device router should now be detected.
After the installation, log in to the extender for either viewing or changing the extender’s settings. Here’s all gotta do:
- You should launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is already connected to the extender network. If the connection has been established, the client link LEDs will illuminate
- Log in to your extender. For that you should enable the one Wi-Fi name feature and if you haven’t then, enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field of the browser.
If you have enabled, you should enter one of these URLs: On windows based, http://mywifiext and on MAC and IOS devices, http://mywifiext. Local – Android devices, (for example, http://192.168.1.3).
The extender as a WiFi access point can be used that generates a new WiFi hotspot by using a wired Ethernet connection. In order to use the extender in access point mode:
- You should plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Then wait for the Power LED to light amber and then turn green. If in case, the Power LED fails to illuminate, press the Power On/Off button on the side of the extender.
- Then connect a computer or mobile device to the extender by making use of a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection:
- WiFi: On your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device, the WiFi connection manager should be opened and be connected to the extender network known as NETGEAR_EXT. When the WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device connects to the extender, the Client LED lights solid white.
- Ethernet: The Ethernet cable should be connected to the Ethernet port on your computer and extender. If in case you want to access an Ethernet connection, you should do this before you connect your extender to your modem router or router.
- Next, launch a web browser and visit www.mywifiext.net. When you join the network, the Client Link LED lights illuminate to indicate that the connection has been established and the NETGEAR installation assistant displays.
- Then, finally return to the NETGEAR installation assistant and follow the instructions to finish setting up your extender as an access point.
- Now you can connect a Device to the Extender Network: After the setup procedure has been completed, connect all your devices to the new extender network using Wi-Fi, wired, or WPS connection.